My Decision


 Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
Which could I take vs which I should.
One was well worn and considered "good".

Road two was misty and hard to see,
Oddly it was the one calling to me.
Angst took hold, making me want to flee,
Deciding would be key,
Someone else decide, I wanted to plea.

Doing what I know best,
I put logic to the test.
Vital information must be stressed,
Every fact and figure must be addressed.
Random guesses I so detest.
Going with what the results suggest,
Even though they were hard to digest,
Deciding to take the "good" road should be my quest.

I struggled so much with this decision.
Nothing felt further from my own vision.

As hard as I tried to start down that "good" road,

Yearning to do what I was told,
Each step made me empty and cold.
Limping along until stillness took hold,
Lessons in the past had taught me to be bold.
Only the other direction would I behold.
Wrestling done, I crossed a new threshold.  

Winding along this new road,
Over rivers, and mountains I strode,
Outstanding rewards to me were bestowed.
Due to the decision to take the OTHER road.


HCB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Blossomed!

Present for a Troll